WELCOME BACK TO GOD’S HOUSE
We are now at a point where we feel we can resume in-person worship services at Risen Christ. Thank you for your continued prayers for our leaders and congregation. As pastor and elders, with agreement from the leadership of the church council, we’ve decided we can gather as a congregation on Sunday, June 14, at the usual service time of 9:30 am. (Can you believe that it has been almost 3 months since our last service together!)
This decision comes after much prayer and discussion. We trust that with proper precautions we can worship in a responsible way. We realize that not everyone will feel comfortable returning at this time. We are asking everyone to make your own personal decision regarding worship and to respect the decision that others will make as well.
We know that many of our members have found the online service beneficial. We will continue to provide a recorded service on our website www.risenchrist.info for those who are not ready or able to return yet.
We want to be wise and safe in regathering, being very considerate of our most vulnerable in the community. We will be using the following guidelines and protocols:
- We require a mask for the safety and comfort of our congregation. We will have them available as you enter, if you do not have one.
- Entrance to the church will be available only from the EAST entrance. There will be one door for entering and one door for leaving. Doors will be marked, and propped open (weather permitting), or an elder will open the door for you to provide touchless entry.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the Welcome Center and at each entrance to the sanctuary. Please use the sanitizer before entering the sanctuary and as often as you wish!
- Please, respect social distancing. Every other pew has been roped off. Families may sit together. Please sit six feet from the next person or family.
- For the time being, we will only be using the projected slides. But if you would like a bulletin, they will continue to be available online at the church’s Website to download and print prior to coming.
- At this time we will not be providing coffee or breakfast items. Please, do not gather in the narthex before or after the service. We encourage all socializing to occur outside the church, and at safe distances.
- We will not pass a plate for the offering. Please drop your offering in the plates provided at each sanctuary entrance. No attendance cards will be required for the time being, unless requested.
- Communion will be distributed using a continuous line instead of coming to the altar rail. There will be no common cup. Individual cups will be spaced in the trays such that a cup can be removed without touching other cups in the tray. During the service, Pastor Rennie will go over just how communion distribution will take place.
- Dismissal after communion at the end of service will be from the back to the front of the sanctuary.