January 23, 2021
An Urgent, Compassionate Call by Pastor Rennie Kaufmann
January 24, 2021 Outline
- True Fish Stories
- Kingdom Work has not been done in vain at Risen Christ!
- Don’t ever let our brains get in the way of faith…
- Don’t let our logic get in the way of the miraculous…
- Don’t let our ways and timing get in the way of God’s ways and ever perfect timing…
- We are not a normal corporate business thing, but we live and work in faith and in the miraculous!
- NOTHING we have ever done here or given here for the sake of the Kingdom at Risen Christ has been in vain.
- Don’t let urgency of The Call be eclipsed by anxiety and despair that things weren’t as you had thought or wanted.
- Don’t mistake or confuse a sense of urgency with God’s challenge and burden of faithfulness.
- Don’t let the past define you or our congregation. You can’t start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one.
- God’s call to Jonah, to the Disciples, and to us is urgent.
- Sense of urgency is connected to the deep love and compassion for the lost .
- God isn’t interested in your ability, He is interested in your AVAILABILITY and faithfulness.
- Within His calling itself – His Word – God Himself empowers you! When God calls, He equips.
- God meets people EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE.
- He calls us to be faithfully in worship to be fed and nourished with His amazing gifts of Word and Sacrament. Christians go to where Christ is.
- Repent with me. Pray with me. Long with me. Look with me. Expect with me. God to chose to call you, work in and through you… Envision with me as we along with all the host of Heaven rejoice for sinners who are redeemed…
- (Youtube Video “Favorite Song of All”)